Monday, November 18, 2013

When One Door Closes, Another Door is Revived

I was checking out our local Flea Market for anything Charming. I saw a not-so-charming old door on the truck bed of one vendor. It was brown, worn and (to be honest) ugly! BUT I had a vision, and that's all you need to start off with. I bought it at a great price, managed to have two men squeeze it into my van and told the kids to "watch their heads." I wasn't prepared to buy something so big and heavy but when a diamond in the rough appears, you snag it up ASAP! I proudly presented it to Manuel and asked him, "Can you do this and that to it?" He always says yes.

We put a lot of work into this piece and so worth it. We shopped around for the iron accents on hooks, shelf brackets, door knob, knob plate & scrolls on sides of bench. Manuel did a great job on adding the molding on top and constructing the bench with underneath shelf slats for storage. I changed the see-through window glass into mirrors with mirror spray paint. It turned out BEAUTIFUL! ~Yvonne
 
                 Before                                              After

No comments:

Post a Comment